Here's my attempt at some super tasty and great Protein pancakes.
1 cup of gluten free flour (I used Teff co)
1 scoop of Vegan protein powder ( I use Revolution-foods)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 sea salt
1 cup of water
3 tbsp. of coconut and cocoa spread
1/2 cup of granola
This recipe is super easy and a great way to start the day knowing your belly is full of protein and simple carbohydrates. The recipe has no oil or sugar and if you get a great vegan protein powder, it will contain a natural sugar additive like Stevia. The powder I buy has added amino acids, which is ideal for maintaining muscle growth, promote gut health and provide us with vital energy.
- So to start you add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add the water and mix until thick, use a little extra if need be
- Cook in a hot frying pan until the pancake can be moved, then flip
- Ensure the middle is fully cooked
- Heat the coconut spread in a pan until runny
- Then in a bowl mix with a small amount of water until thick
- Add the granola and enjoy
These have become a real staple of my weekend prep, give them a try and enjoy the yummy taste of coconut without the nasty additives.
Happy pancake making!!!