At Fitasylum™ we believe that your health is far more important than what you look like, how strong you are or what dress size you are – hopefully you agree with us?
We encourage all the students that complete the FitAsylum™ personal training courses to focus on improving the health and wellbeing of their clients before anything else. After all, if you are healthy, then you can consider yourself wealthy!
We've put together our 6 simple tips to improve health & wellbeing.
- Eat more vegetables and berries! Berries and vegetables all contain important minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Green veg also contains compounds that help and support the metabolism of estrogen which is vitally important for health and also body composition/ fat loss.
- Have more sex! Sex is a great way of burning a few extra calories, but it also helps improve your mood, boost your immune system, reduce the likelihood of prostate cancer and also helps you sleep better.
- Talking of sleep! If you improve the quality of your sleep then you will have more energy, manage weight better, improve cognitive function, improve hair and skin health as well as support your body in recovering from the day to day stresses of work, exercise and house chores.
- Eat more Protein! In most cases people don’t eat enough quality protein. Protein is vital for not just muscle growth but also for endocrine health – it also helps you feel fuller for longer #Bonus!
- Drink more water! Did you know that sometimes when you feel hungry you are actually just thirsty? Water is important for almost every process in the body, when you become dehydrated your exercise performance and your everyday cognitive performance (work / decision making) is impaired.
- Be more Active! Physical activity doesn’t always mean going to the gym or going outside for a run. Being physically active could involve playing football with friends, taking your children to the park or the local swimming pool. It may also include gardening, walking football, trail walks and even joining a badminton club omce a week. Our bodies were designed to move and be active, with this in mind sitting down all day stops it from doing what it wants to do.
These top tips on how to improve you health will almost certainly help you feel healthier, fitter and more confident, let us know your own top tips.